This is the year I have ditched all New Years Resolutions. Why? because I never stick to it.
Statistics show that 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by February. If like me, you fall into that 80% take a listen. You have time to set things right……
Start in Feb, use the next 2 weeks to get your plan formulated.
I have decided that 2019 will be the year that I will conquer those resolutions. What is different about this year?
Well I have done a lot of self-examining and discovered my pitfalls.
One of the biggest things I took to heart is that if you haven’t got a plan you plan to fail.
So I have put together a list of what I feel is of value in this quest to conquer our goals:
1) Think about what it is that you want to achieve. Segment the various aspects of your life that you would like to achieve in. For me it is my business, my ministry life, and my personal wellbeing. What it is you wish to achieve? Under each one set some goals.
2) Document it so that you have a visual, for me a crazy drawing with circles helps, and lots of colour co-ordinating.
3) The next step is to set up a little task list for each goal, I have put together my list and have a check list for each day so that I have accountability. I am a stickler for lists and like to see ticks, unticked lists kill me softly. We are so spoilt the internet is full of stunning charts that make the process so easy!
4) Spend some time everyday evaluating your progress
5) Go old school, no amount of tech can replace a good old analog diary. Switching between a few screens is a part of my day and I just like the idea of having my to do’s under my nose all day long.
6) Be flexible, make adjustments as you need to. Nothing is cast in stone.
I have put the above into practice and am feeling strong and ready for the start of the new working year and know that if I put my mind to it and stick to the plan I can achieve success.
My prayer for you all is that 2019 will be kind to you, that you will achieve all you set out to do. That you are filled with joy, hope and peace and surrounded by love, laughter and kindness.